COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
Are you becoming obsolete? Technology, social patterns and customer trends have changed dramatically over the past few years, but the mindsets and work behaviours we each use every day have not nearly kept up adequately. We are living in a VUCA world where Volatility is frequent, Uncertainty is the norm, Complexity is part of everyday life and Ambiguity is rampant. How to fully comprehend these new realities? With extreme social, environmental and technology disruption, what is the future of work? What new roles will employees play and what new practices, habits and thinking patterns should they adopt?
We welcome you to a Digital-Age way of how to think, work and perform.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
This aim of this course is to help prepare people for the realities of the Digital Age so they can keep up their competitive advantage. The course is designed for employees at all levels to understand what the Future of Work looks like so that they can take proactive steps to evolve and transform themselves as individual professionals, better positioning their thinking and practices to align with the new requirements of the Digital Age organisation.
During and after the training you will:
– Grasp the brief historical context and comparison between the new ‘Digital Age’ and old ‘Industrial Age’ thinking and practices
– Know the trends of the Future of Work in terms of the new types of work that will likely be needed to be done in the near to mid future, the types of work that will likely remain albeit with changes, as well as those types of work that will likely fade away
– Be able to break down ‘The Future of Work’ into smaller pieces so that the overall concept is less intimidating and more easy to grasp, allowing you to adjust your own personal methods, practices and habits to be better prepared for the new realities
– Understand the various Skills and Capabilities that will help any of us to meet the new opportunities and threats arising from the Future of Work
– Participate in group discussions on The Future of Work, with personal perspectives and sharing on how we can confront and overcome the various work challenges facing us today
– Get to complete your own personal Gap Assessment
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Staff and professionals who are proactive in nature and wish to be on the leading edge of their personal journeys towards overall excellence.
Course Fees: $510.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).