COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This 8 hour program enable participants to recognise early signs of stroke (brain attack), risk factors, neurodiagnostic investigations and multidisciplinary team approach in the management and nursing care of stroke clients followed by rehabilitative aspect of care.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- comprehend ischaemic and haemorrhagic strokes and its physical effects on the client.
- participate in multidisciplinary team approach in the management and nursing care of client with stroke.
- handle stroke client with emotional response and other effects of stroke like communication and swallowing challenges.
- practise good body mechanics in positioning, moving and transfers of bed ridden client with stroke.
- guide mild stroke client with daily maintenance exercises.
- familiarize with community resources, caregiver support and stroke support group.
- Overview of ischemic and haemorrhagic strokes and its physical effects on the client.
- Multidisciplinary team approach in the management and nursing care of stroke patient.
- Handling of emotional response and other effects of stroke on communication and swallowing challenges.
- Render rehabilitation support care.
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Nurses, nurse aides, therapy aides, healthcare assistant
Course Fees: $325.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in
eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).