COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This course is intended for care staff who have a supervisory and guiding role to learn project management skills. It aims to provide the participants with an introduction to project management, focusing on:
- Understanding what makes projects successful
- How to create a realistic project plan
- How to manage a project from project kick-off to project completion
- How to conduct project/program evaluation for improvements
- How to conduct preliminary fact findings on reported incidents
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
Upon completion of the workshop, you will be able to plan and manage projects effectively.
During and after the training you will:
- Understand the key attributes and critical success factors of a successful project.
- Learn what is Project Definition and Project Life Cycle
- Learn how to create effective Project Definition Statements (PDS), Project Outputs & Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Learn to create accurate Project Schedule or Gantt Charts
- Learn how to use the Flexibility Matrix to enhance decision making, buy-in, and ownership
- Learn how to monitor and report progress & deviations using the traffic light system
- Learn the importance of celebrating project completion and conducting After Action-Reviews (AAR)
- Learn how to identify the strengths and weaknesses of project/program and implement improvements
- Learn how to collate and provide information on reported incidents that occurred to assist in the organization’s investigation process.
For care staff who have a supervisory and guiding role; and influences workplace/processes eg: Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Senior Therapist/Principle Therapist, Enrolled Nurse, Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager, Nurse Clinician, Nurse Educator, Executive, Senior Executive, Manager, Allied Health Professional.
Course Fees: $760.50 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organizations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).
Go to the following URL: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC