COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This course aims to equip nurses with the skill and knowledge to induct and precept newly-recruited nurses, support care staff and healthcare students. It will also provide them with the knowledge and confidence to utilize the On-the-Job Training (OJT) framework to train and assess staff core competencies. It is hoped that the values, skills and knowledge taught will be able to help them in their new role in preceptorship and able to provide effective guidance and supervision to junior care staff.
At the completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Define the expectations and characteristics of an exemplary preceptor.
- Explain the necessary steps to prepare for a successful precepting experience.
- Demonstrate effective precepting skills to enhance clinical or work-based learning.
- Apply workplace-based assessments and adult learning theory to precepting.
- Formulate effective feedback to improve participant’s clinical skills and competencies.
- Reflect on challenges in precepting and strategies in overcoming them.
- Discuss strategies for continuing personal, professional and leadership development.
- Overview on preceptorship
- Adult learning principles
- Preparing and developing a learning plan for preceptee
- Teaching methods and strategies
- Assessment methods
- Providing effective feedback and facilitating reflective practice
- Supporting preceptee who encounters learning issues
Blended mode (online and face-to-face)
- Practicum / Skills Practice
- Group discussion
- Role play
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Staff nurse with over 2 year of nursing experience AND has not undergone any ITE TTT course.
Course Fees: $320.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organizations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).
Go to the following URL: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC