COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This course will provide participants with knowledge of proper interviewing techniques to obtain relevant patient history and correct techniques of patient assessment. Accurate patient assessment is essential to identify actual and potential nursing problems as well as planning and implementing appropriate nursing care.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
By the end of this course, the learners will be able to:
- understand the importance of patient assessment.
- discuss different aspects in patient assessment which include mental status, socio-economic status, nutritional status, and health status.
- plan individualised patient care based on patients’ needs
- plan patients’ discharge from institutional care to home care
- understand the community resources available to assist patients in the transition.
- Correct patient assessment technique
- Utilise information in planning appropriate care
- Plan for discharge from institutional care
- Identify various community resources
- Transition from institutional care to home care
- Patient and family education
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses
Course Fees: $260.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in
eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).