COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key concepts of Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Understand the Benefits and Challenges of using RPA
- Assess and identify possible areas for RPA development to improve work productivity
- Acquire the skills in RPA application development to apply to their work processes
- Understand the different phases of RPA Lifecycle
- Understand RPA workflows and various types of automation
- Design, build and deploy an RPA robot using an automation software
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
Robotic process automation (or RPA) is an emerging form of business process automation technology that uses software robots to automate tasks performed by humans, such as manual data entry and preparation of invoices.
This 1-day workshop aims to introduce RPA to participants who are new to this field and wish to gain the relevant skills and knowledge required to improve work productivity by automating common business tasks.
The Course Facilitator will cover the key concepts of RPA and the different phases of RPA lifecycle. Participants will be guided on how they can assess and identify suitable work processes that can be automated using RPA. Through this course, participants will develop an understanding on the benefits and challenges of using RPA.
This course will adopt a highly hands-on learning approach to ensure that the knowledge gained and skills learned can be instantly applied by the participants in their work environment. Participants will be using an automation software to learn to design, build and deploy RPA robots for common use case scenarios and work processes.
The course will cover on the selection of the right processes for RPA and also the need for optimisation of processes with examples of its application in the healthcare and backend processes beyond the usual automation forms. Scenarios and examples to illustrate where RPA implementation did not work and the learning points will also be shared.
- Introduction to RPA
- What is RPA
- Difference between RPA and AI
- Benefits and Challenges of using RPA
- RPA Use Cases & Applications in Healthcare
- Methodologies and Best Practices for RPA implementation
- Identifying suitable processes for RPA
- RPA Assessment Template
- RPA Assessment & Scoring Table
- RPA Lifecycle
- Types of RPA robots
- Introduction to different tools for RPA
- Overview of RPA Solutions
- Live RPA robot demo
- RPA software interface
- Hands-on: RPA software basics
- Hands-on: RPA Workflows & Processes
- Activities, variables and data types
- Conditions and decisions
- Hands-on Exercises
- Hands-on: Creating RPA applications
- User Interface Automation
- Excel Automation
- Web Automation
- Hands-on Exercises
- Hands-on: Mini Project
- Construct a Fully Functional RPA Workflow
- Bite Size Mini lectures
- Use Case studies
- Bite Size learning videos
- Hands-on Learning / Exercises
- Small Group discussion / peer-to-peer consultation
- Mini projects to create common RPA workflows
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
For staff who have supervisory and guiding role; and influences workplace/processes eg: Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Senior Therapist/Principle Therapist, Enrolled Nurse, Registered Nurse, Nurse Manager, Nurse Clinician, Nurse Educator, Executive, Senior Executive, Manager, Allied Health Professional
Managers and Executives who are keen to learn how to automate their existing work processes in order to increase productivity
Managers and Executives who are keen to learn how to use RPA to eliminate mundane and repetitive tasks
Managers and Executives who are interested in adopting RPA for their organisations
Course Fees: $395.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).