COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This course provides the basic knowledge, desirable attitude and first aid skills to connects with persons with mental health issues who display behaviours of concern.
By the end of this course, the learners will be able to:
- identify various mental health issues and abnormal behaviours
- demonstrate de-escalation and communication techniques
- practice basic mental health first aids who displays abnormal behaviours during crisis situations
- Introduction to basic mental health first aid
- Common mental illnesses (Basic)
- Symptomatology (Basic)
- Crisis & aggression
- Crisis de-escalation
- Grief & loss
- Grief management
- Suicidal tendencies & behaviours
- Suicide management
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Healthcare Attendant, Patient Care Attendant, Healthcare Support Assistant, Nursing Aide, Therapy Assistant/Aide Caregiver (CMHD & RCO)
Course Fees: $344.79 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in
eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).