COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This course provides Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses the knowledge and skills to assess patient who require nasogastric tube, perform insertion of nasogastric tube (NGT) and care of patients with NGT.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
By the end of this course, the learners will be able to:
- state the indications of NGT insertion
- perform patient assessment prior to NGT insertion
- identify risk factors and contraindication of NGT insertion
- demonstrate NGT insertion
- demonstrate knowledge of various methods to troubleshoot
- demonstrate correct technique to check NGT placement
- perform patient education related to the care of NGT
Indications of NGT insertion
- NGT types and sizes
- Patient assessment
- Insertion of NGT insertion
- Checking of NGT placement
- Patient education
Name of Skill Standard: Perform Tube Feeding [Basic II] and perform insertion/change/care of NGT [Advanced]
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Enrolled nurses, Registered Nurses
Course Fees: $568.22 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in
eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).