Incontinence is a symptom of underlying problems with which simple assessment and investigation, can be identified and treated. Even when a cure is not achievable, optimum methods of incontinence management can produce ‘social continence’, alleviate embarrassment, and preserve patient dignity.
The aim of this course is to provide education to clients with knowledge to assist them in planning and improving continence care for them.
- Continence assessment
- Management and treatment for incontinence
- General tips for carers of people with incontinence
- Practical suggestions for incontinence issues
- Toileting suggestions for carers of people with incontinence
- Hygiene suggestions for carers of people with incontinence
- When to seek medical assistance for issues relating to incontinence
- Exercises for symptoms of incontinence (demonstration)
Upon successful completion of the the course, learners will be able to state the symptoms of incontinence and describe symptoms that warrant a visit to a medical professional.
- Group activity
Seniors 65 years old and above