COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
Value Stream Mapping is a critical tool in Lean thinking that helps to visualise, analyse, and improve a process that delivers a product or service. In this 2-day course, learn the basics of Lean thinking, and how to use a value stream map to identify and eliminate wastes. Through hands-on simulations, you will acquire skills to identify improvement projects to work on, and designing an effective and efficient value stream.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
- History and evolution of Lean thinking
- 5 Core principles of Lean thinking
- Types of work and operations
- 8 Wastes
- Components of a value stream map
- Components of a swim-lane map
- Problem identification techniques
- Short cycles of PDCA
- Techniques to create flow
- Case studies of lean in healthcare
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Executives, Registered nurses, Administrators and Therapists working in the Nursing Homes, Community Hospitals, Homecare settings etc
Course Fees: $1200.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).