COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This course provides Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses the knowledge and skills to perform female urinary catheterisation, care of clients with indwelling catheter and strategies to prevent Catheter Associated Urine Tract Infection (CAUTI).
By the end of this course, the learners will be able to:
- state the indications of urinary catheterisation
- perform patient assessment prior to urine catheter insertion
- identify risk factors involved in catheterisation
- demonstrate urinary catheterisation using aseptic technique
- perform patient education related to the care and maintenance of urinary catheter
- Indications of urinary catheterisation
- Catheter types and sizes
- Patient assessment
- Risk factors
- Insertion of urinary catheter
- Patient education
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Registered Nurses and Enrolled Nurses
Course Fees: $535.60 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in
eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).