COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
At the end of this course, participants will be able:
- Describe how Singapore’s healthcare system is organised to deliver the different levels and types of care to meet the system’s common objectives.
- Describe the roles and functions of Singapore’s health ministry and its various agencies.
- Describe how the public and private healthcare providers are regulated within Singapore’s healthcare system.
- Describe the nature and type of services provided by Community Care Organisations.
- Describe the Key Components of the Charities Act.
- Explain the Implications of the Code of Governance on Charities and Institutions of Public Character (IPCs).
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
- Introduction to Singapore Healthcare System
- Identify the components of Singapore healthcare system
- Examine how is Singapore healthcare system organised to deliver the different levels and types of care to meet the system’s common objectives
- Examine Singapore’s Regional Health System
- Examine the types of healthcare providers at each level of care
- Roles and Functions of Singapore Health Ministry
- Examine Singapore’s health regulatory framework
- Examine the roles of the statutory board under the health ministry and the various healthcare professional regulatory boards
- Regulations within the Singapore Healthcare System
- Examine the Private Hospital and Medical Clinics Act (PHMC Act)
- Examine who are the healthcare provides govern by the PHMC Act
- Examine the new Healthcare Services Bill
- Roles of Community Care Organisations
- Explain the roles of Community Care organisations
- Explore the various Community Care organisations and service providers
- Examine the functions of the various Community Care organisations and service providers
- The Charities Act
- Examine the key components of Charities Act
- Code of Governance
- Explore the implications of the Code of Governance on Charities and Institutions of Public Characters (IPCs)
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
All level of staff with no prior healthcare experience, especially foreign healthcare manpower, Programme Managers, Programme Co-ordinators, Programme Executives, Case Workers and Care Workers in the Intermediate and Long Term Care (ILTC) sector.
Course Fees: $130.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).