COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This two-day workshop is designed for Managers and Executives in the Community Care sector to equip them with the knowledge and skills to steer the crisis communication response for their organization. Using the 4P framework – Principles, Process, Plan and Practice, the learner will understand the principles of crisis communication, learn the process of effective response during a crisis, develop a crisis communication plan and practice developing key messages and communication materials. The workshop goes beyond managing the media to look at communicating with all important stakeholders in a Community Care facility (eg. Patients and their families, staff and volunteers).
Learners will be introduced to clear, confident and empathetic language when communicating to all internal and external stakeholders during a crisis, so as to gain trust. They will also learn how to engage the media and respond effectively to the media and social media. The workshop will include interactive learning activities, including case studies, group discussion, skills practice and a crisis communication simulation exercise. Each learner will return to the workplace with a crisis communication toolkit that they can apply to their organization.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
- Understand the principles of effective crisis communications.
- Develop strategic approaches to crisis communication.
- Manage the crisis communications process in support of the overall crisis management effort based on the organization’s objectives.
- Understanding key messaging and the communication needs of your internal and external stakeholders during a crisis.
- Understand the use of tools such as press releases, social media, press conference, and exclusive interviews to support your communications to the public during a crisis.
- Understand what you need to prepare for crisis communication in your organization
- Learn how to develop an effective crisis communication plan for your organization
- Communicate and respond effectively during a crisis by managing the media, public and your internal and external stakeholders (including patients and families).
- Learn how to engage the media and social media
- Apply clear, confident and empathetic language in your communication with the public and stakeholders.
- Develop effective key messages and communication materials (eg. Facebook post, press release, FAQ)
- Practice handling crisis communication through a simulation exercise.
Executives and Managers in the Community Care sector who are involved in corporate communications, internal communications, and patient relations.
Course Fees: $1560.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organizations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).
Go to the following URL: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC