COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
At the end of this course, participants will be able:
- Learn how IT and Infocomm systems impact healthcare practices, deliveries, and outcomes
- Understand how IT solutions are developed, implemented, and managed to advance healthcare delivery and practice and to improve patient outcomes
- Understand clinical workflow, processes, and interoperability standards used in health information systems
- Know the issues, problems, and challenges of deploying IT solutions in healthcare
The course is designed to provide participants with an introduction to the many facets of IT as applied in the healthcare environment. It begins with a definition of the term Healthcare Informatics, discusses the various types of Health Information Systems, and covers topics related to the implementation of IT in the healthcare settings including decision-making in patient care, clinical workflow, network infrastructures, standards, and interoperability issues, patient data privacy and security.
- Definition of Health Informatics
- Various Types of Health Information Systems
- Decision-making in healthcare
- Clinical Workflow
- Network Infrastructure and Databases
- Standards and Interoperability
- Patient Data Privacy and Security
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Healthcare practitioners, administrators, managers and care providers
Course Fees: $3600.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organizations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).
Go to the following URL: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC