This is a workshop specially designed for Community Care professionals who are subject matter experts and are often asked to provide content or to assist in media engagement. This workshop will familiarize them with what is needed for a successful media outreach and how they can play a crucial part. They will also learn how to prepare for a media event and how to respond with usable on-message content for media interviews/queries. This workshop is also useful for any executives (eg. from corporate communications, marketing and community outreach) who need to manage media outreach in their work. This workshop is designed with a variety of group discussion and skills practice.
During and after the training you will:
- Learn what makes news and what makes news go viral in this digital age.
- Understand the needs of the Singapore Media and how to build relationship with them
- Be able to craft on-message written replies to media queries
- Know what is needed for proactive media outreach
- Be able to partner with corporate communications team to develop the media package.
- Know how to prepare for face-to-face interviews
- Be able to respond to questions during interviews
- Participate in simulated case study / classroom practicum in responding to media queries and receive feedback from the trainer.
- Observe course mates and give them feedback during their classroom case study practicum.
On completion of the course, participants will be more confident when responding to the media and when participating in media events.
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
This is a media familiarization workshop for Managers, Programme Leads and Senior Healthcare Professionals who develop and run programmes, and are often the subject matter experts for media engagements. It is also useful for any Community Care executives who are involved in media outreach. Please note this is not a media spokesman training course.
Course Fees per pax: $305.00 (excluding GST)
Up to 90% course fee support from AIC Community Care Training Grant is available for eligible Community Care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).