COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This course aims to equip and update nurses and allied health care professionals on infection control principles and practices to enable them to function effectively as healthcare professionals in their respective clinical areas. As infection prevention and control is an integral part of healthcare delivery, nurses and allied health professionals have an important role to play to ensure that their own safety and those of the patients under their care are not compromised.
At the end of the course, learners should be able to:
- Explain chain of infection, modes of transmission and vulnerable host
- List components of infection control programme
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of infection control committee members
- Recognize the important aspects in pandemic preparedness
- State the major steps in outbreak management
- Outline key principles in environmental cleaning guidelines
- Demonstrate proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Illustrate preventive measures for common infectious diseases
- Epidemiology of Infectious Diseases
- Understanding Disease Transmission
- Part 1: Principles of Standard Precautions and Transmission Based Precautions against infectious diseases
- Part 2: Principles of Standard Precautions and Transmission Based Precautions against infectious diseases: Hand Hygiene
- Part 3: Principles of Standard Precautions and Transmission Based Precautions against infectious diseases: Use of Personal Protective Equipment in Healthcare Settings
- Components of an effective infection control program: Principles of Setting up of an Infection Control Committee
- Environmental Cleaning Guidelines for Community Care sector
- Principles of Pandemic Preparedness
- Principles of Outbreak management
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Nurse Managers / Nurses, Infection Control Link Nurses, Allied Healthcare Professionals
Course Fees: $572.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).