COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the requirements for handling and collection of different types of waste
- Differentiate different types of wastes
- Demonstrate proper methods of bag closure, handling and collection
- Demonstrate procedures for handling common problems
- Introduction to universal or standard precaution
- Performing Hand hygiene
- Donning and removing Personal protective equipment
- Types of wastes in healthcare
- Principles and considerations for waste collection
- Methods for waste handling, collection and disposal
- Infectious waste bags and containers
- Chemical waste
- Pharmaceutical waste
- Radioactive waste
- Handling common problems
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Therapy Aides, Nursing Aides, Patient Care Assistants, and Healthcare Assistants
Course Fees: $80.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).