At the end of this course, participants will be able:
- Understand the key components of geriatric case management
- Understand some of the assessment tools required for older clients
- Apply the necessary skills involved in managing clients especially those with multiple needs
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to meet the needs of clients and their caregivers
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
Outline of a Skill Based Training on Geriatric Case Management
- Understanding of the target population for case management
- Clientele in need of CM
- Risk assessment tools
- Roles and Functions of Case Managers
- Key roles and functions – with emphasis on community case management (i.e., as opposed to acute or institutional case management)
- Case managers’ networks
- Case Management Processes
- Case identification – Finding and screening
- Admission and assessment
- Care plan development
- Implementation of plan
- Monitor, evaluate and advocate
- Ethical Issues in Case Management
- Case studies Analysis (Case studies ideally to be derived from agency)
- Interactive lecture
- Group Discussions
- Skills practice
- Case analysis and discussion
Please click on ‘express your interest’ to learn.
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singapore Citizens / Permanent Residents and 45% for Work Pass Holders working in eligible community care organisations.
For any inquiries, please contact Sandy/Ashley at 64221300 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nurses, AHP, Admin & Ancillary
Course Fees: $390.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organizations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).
Go to the following URL: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC/Marketplace/InternalCatalogue.aspx?searchText=&scrollY=undefined