This course is intended for front-line care staff and volunteers who would like to be equipped with the skills to care for people living with dementia in a variety of settings including the family home, centre-based services, and residential care facilities. It aims to provide the participants an introduction to dementia care, focusing on:
- Understanding causes and symptoms;
- Understanding the principles of person centred care;
- Communication techniques for interacting effectively with people with
- Recognising and responding to behaviour that may be exhibited by
- people with dementia;
- Understanding the importance of engagement through activity for the
- person with dementia;
- Understanding palliative care for persons with dementia
Front-line care staff or volunteers working in centre-based or home-based services, as well as residential care.
Course Fees: $644.73 (inclusive 7% GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System. Go to the following URL: