COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- State the importance of environmental cleaning and disinfection
- Assess infection control measures to guide the level of cleaning
- Identify best cleaning practices for different types of care areas
- Identify occupational health and safety issues related to environmental services
- Guidelines for environmental cleaning and disinfection in healthcare settings
- Infection control and the environment
- Cleaning and disinfection best practices for patient care and food preparation areas
- Assessment of cleanliness and quality control
- Management of cleaning supplies, cleaners’ rooms, laundry and bedding
- Occupational health and safety issues related to environmental services
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Supervisors, housekeeping staff, care staff including therapy aides, nursing aides, patient care assistants, and healthcare assistants
Course Fees: $585.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).