Learners will learn communication and copywriting techniques that they can use in making impactful marketing communication and health education materials to engage their clients, patients and caregivers. This include brochures, leaflets, websites, fact sheets, infographics and FAQs. The course uses local and international examples as well as best practices from international healthcare organisations. This is a hands-on course, designed with a variety of skills practice and group activities. Learners are encouraged to bring a project they have worked on/are working on to class.
During and after the training you will:
- Learn the communication needs of patients and caregivers.
- Understand the impact of communication on patient experience.
- Understand how health literacy impacts health education and your communication objectives.
- Know how to identify your communicative objective and the needs of your target audience.
- Know how to choose between communication formats (eg. Brochures, poster, flyer, infographic, webpage, social media post, EDM) to achieve your communication objective.
- Be able to organize information through audience-focused communication technique so as to achieve your communication objective.
- Know how to develop easy-to-understand and persuasive content for health education or marketing communications objectives.
- Be able to write simply and without jargon so as to communicate better with patients and caregivers.
- Know how to use persuasive communication techniques to capture your reader’s attention and to achieve your communication goal.
- Be able to activate person-centered care principles in communication materials for patients, clients and caregivers.
- Understand design basics to make attractive health educational and promotional materials.
- Be introduced to online graphic design tools for non-designers.
- Practice your skills through individual and group simulated case study and exercises.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to develop engaging marketing communication and health education materials for their target audience – be it patients, clients, caregivers or members of the public. They will be able to produce easy-to-understand and persuasive content to achieve their communication and health education objectives and to improve the patient experience.
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Healthcare and community care staff who are involved in making marketing communication and health education materials. This include healthcare professionals and corporate communications executives.
Course Fees per pax: $780.00 (excluding GST)
Up to 90% course fee support from AIC Community Care Training Grant is available for eligible Community Care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).