COURSE DESCRIPTION / AIMS
This blended learning workshop is designed for healthcare professionals working in the frontline in the Community Care sector. This course is to equip them with the knowledge and skills to communicate, clearly, confidently and empathetically with patients and families during a crisis.
Learners will be introduced to the key principles of crisis communications and how this impact their communications with patients and families. It will focus on empathetic communication skills in delivering difficult news and answering challenging questions during a crisis.
The workshop will be a blend of asynchronous and synchronous learning. The asynchronous self-directed learning will focus on knowledge acquisition while the synchronous learning through a Zoom/video-conferencing workshop will focus on application of skills.
The course is designed with interactive learning activities, including case studies, group discussion, skills practice and role-play practice with simulated patients.
COURSE OBJECTIVES / OUTLINE
- Recognize the challenges of communicating to patients and families during a crisis.
- Understand the principles of effective crisis communication to patients and their families
- Understand the use of tools such as FAQs and scripts in communicating with patients and families during a crisis.
- Understand how to communicate with empathy in healthcare using non-verbal and verbal communication skills
- Comprehend how to deliver difficult news with calm and compassion.
- Apply empathetic verbal and non-verbal communication skills when communicating difficult news and responding to difficult situations to patients and their family members during a crisis.
Healthcare Professionals in the frontline – Staff Nurse, Therapists, MSW, Doctors, Inpatient Executives, Clinic Executives
Course Fees: $760.00 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organizations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).
Go to the following URL: https://lms.wizlearn.com/AIC