To facilitate conversation in English with patients through topics:
- Let’s Know Our Patient (Meeting the patient for the first time in a clinical setting)
- Addressing Patients and their Family Members (Understanding family relationships & addressing
- Health Numbers (Checking patient’s personal information & health parameters which are number-
- History of Illness and Family (Getting information on past medical history of patient and family)
- When Did this Happen? (Getting general information on the chief complaint)
- Is This the First Time? (Getting specific information on the chief complaint)
- I Need to Examine you…ok? (Informing patient about examination procedures)
- If You Have this Problem, I Need to Do… (Assessing patients according to presenting signs &
- Physical Examination (Conducting a gross neurological examination)
- I Am Sorry…I Need to Know…(Asking questions about sensitive / private issues)
- Mental & Emotional Health (Conducting a brief cognitive evaluation & emotional screening)
- Let’s Eat! (Reviewing a patient’s food & nutrition intake)
- Advice for Your Health (Providing information on health)
- I Have Bad News… (Breaking bad news to patients & their families)
- When You Go Home… (Handling discharge matters)
At the end of this course, participants will be able:
To converse in English in the Community Care Sector
Participant(s) should at least be able to read and write English prior to joining this course, and complete an online placement test with a min. score before being accepted.
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Doctors, Nursing Aides, Therapy Aides, Therapy Assistants, Healthcare Assistants
*Course is available via e-learning mode*
Course Fees: $487.50 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).