To facilitate conversation in English with patients through topics:
- Let’s Know Our Patient (Meeting the patient for the first time in a clinical setting)
- Addressing Patients and their Family Members (Understanding family relationships & addressing
- Health Numbers (Checking patient’s personal information & health parameters which are number-
- History of Illness and Family (Getting information on past medical history of patient and family)
- When Did this Happen? (Getting general information on the chief complaint)
- Is This the First Time? (Getting specific information on the chief complaint)
- I Need to Examine you…ok? (Informing patient about examination procedures)
- If You Have this Problem, I Need to Do… (Assessing patients according to presenting signs &
- Physical Examination (Conducting a gross neurological examination)
- I Am Sorry…I Need to Know…(Asking questions about sensitive / private issues)
- Mental & Emotional Health (Conducting a brief cognitive evaluation & emotional screening)
- Let’s Eat! (Reviewing a patient’s food & nutrition intake)
- Advice for Your Health (Providing information on health)
- I Have Bad News… (Breaking bad news to patients & their families)
- When You Go Home… (Handling discharge matters)
At the end of this course, participants will be able:
To converse in English in the Community Care Sector
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Doctors, Nursing Aides, Therapy Aides, Therapy Assistants, Healthcare Assistants
*Course is available via e-learning mode*
Course Fees: $487.50 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).