This course aims to equip participants with the essential knowledge and skills to manage fall risks and improve mobility for residents within a nursing home setting.
This course consists of 3 modules:
- Fall Risks Management
- Exercise and Use of Assistive Devices for Mobility
- Medications and Fall Risk in the Elderly
Module 1 – Fall Risks Management
- Introduction to falls in Nursing Homes
- Identifying risk factors to falls
- Falls Risk Screening in Community
- Falls Risk Assessment in the Nursing Home
- Falls Prevention Approach in the Community Care Sector
Module 2 – Exercise and Use of Assistive Devices for Mobility
- Role of exercises in falls prevention
- Introduction to the Otago Exercise for Elderly
- Use of Mobility Assistive Devices for mobility
Module 3 – Medications and Fall Risk in the Elderly
- Discuss strategies to prevent falls due to medications
- Identify medications associated with falls in the elderly
A minimum of 75% attendance will be required for you to complete the programme and receive your certificate.
Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Therapy Assistants, Staff Nurses, Enrolled Nurses, Nursing Aides, & Care Associates from community care sector
Course Fees: $254.62 (excluding GST)
Prevailing course fee subsidy at 90% for Singaporeans/ PRs and 45% for foreign staff working in eligible community care organisations.
Please register for the course via AIC Learning Management System (LMS 2.0).